How to create a Virtual Machine in Hyper-V
Here is a very quick guide of how to create a virtual machine in Hyper-V
- In the Hyper-V Manager, select New > Virtual Machine
- Choose a Name for your Server
- Choose a location for you Virtual Machine Config file
- Select Generation 1 – This is mainly for compatibility reasons
- Select the Amount of memory you want to assign to the server
- If you want dynamic memory (memory that expands and shrinks as the server demands) select that here also.
- Configure you network device from the drop-down menu. This will pick up your physical devices on your host hardware.
- Choose Create a virtual Hard Disk and select the location and size
- Next choose the media to install, in this example I am using a CentOS7 ISO image. Select the Install an Operating System from a bootable CD/DVD-ROM and then image file(iso)
- Select the image by pressing the browse button
- Now click Next and Finish and the VM will be created
- Highlight the server and click start to start the VM.