I have 14 years’ experience incorporating IT technical support and management roles. I have developed strong skills in Cloud, VMware and Microsoft technologies as well as server hardware, backup, storage and Linux/Aix. I am experienced in managing global support teams as well as helping deliver complex projects into Support. My future aspirations are to further my DevOps skills and blend private and public cloud technologies.
Key Skills & Experience
Technical Consultant – Linux & VMware – Atos UK (April 2017 – Present Day)
Remote project office consultant utilised for implementation and design of solutions. I focus specifically on the Mid-Market IAAS VMware private cloud running on Xsigo fabric and XIV/V7000 backend. I am also the appointed consultant for Linux rollouts, AIX, and for any scripting requirements (PowerShell / Bash)
Key Achievements in this role
- I received an accolade for turning around a high-profile project where the customer had lost confidence in ATOS. My technical skill and ability to explain to the customer the action required to migrate their entire infrastructure to our IAAS platform got the project back on track and restored the customer faith.
- I designed and coded a bespoke PowerShell backup report for a client’s Backup Exec solution. The out of the box reports did not meet the clients auditing standards, so I spent several months creating a report that was acceptable to the client. The customer has been very happy with the development of the report which is now Version 3.
- I have created several tools to make the automation of the IAAS and the management of the infrastructure a lot easier. Implementing PowerShell studio gui design and PowerCLI backend. This has resulted in the support teams being able to query the infrastructure safely and quickly.7
Service Operations Lead – Atos / Xerox (Oct 2014 – April 2017)
Manager of 20 colleagues and service operations technical lead for ATOS Mid-Market NOC. I negotiated full technical handover of new projects, designed service support models and merged new customers into support. As well as major incident management, technical change requests and technical support, my responsibilities included staff resourcing, training, service improvement initiatives, staff appraisals, global recruitment, documentation creation and management.
Key Achievements in this role
Implemented a new NOC support model, the support teams (with differing skillsets) were cross trained to a high standard across multiple technology platforms, this resulted in improved core knowledge and skills across the team, and ultimately improved service delivery and perception of the team.
- Changed project handover requirements and implemented a stringent service transition programme which improved go-live processes and enhanced the client experience.
- Major contributor to the Managed Print Service solution, designing service model and support model which was sold to Xerox ITO clients including Philips, ASML and the FCA.
Service Operations Technical Specialist – Xerox / ACS (April 2013 – Oct 2014)
Technical lead for the Mid-Market NOC. I was the escalation point and coordinator of all incidents, service requests, change requests and customer inquiries received.
- I Helped to transition support from Altrincham Office into Telford NOC. This resulted in successful knowledge transfer of customers exclusive to the Altrincham office
- Trained all team members in TSM and Avamar backup technology. When I joined the Telford NOC, there were no front-line Backup Skills, this gave the team essential break fix knowledge and reduced the workload of the overstretched backup team
- Created a SharePoint solution to host inhouse documentation and processes. Previously document repositories were out of date, contained incorrect information and was confusing to use. My work enabled the team to find information, procedures, contacts with ease.
|3rd Line Operations Analyst||ACS INC||2011-2013|
|3rd Line Technical Analyst||Anix Group LTD||2008-2011|
|Datacentre Engineer||Red Squared PLC||2006-2008|
|Web Support & Helpdesk||TD Waterhouse||2002-2003|
|BA Hons – Modern History – Pass – 2002|
|A-Levels – Computer Science, History & Sociology (B,C,C) 1998|
|Protect V Certified Engineer – Pass – 2015|
|Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) – Pass – 2007|
Relevant Training Achieved
- McAffee ePO 5.9 / Endpoint Security 10.5 / Drive Encryption 7.2 / Device Control 11 (3-day course)
- RHEL – Permissions & Administration – Passed 97%
- RHEL – Advanced Networking – Passed 81%
- RHEL – Scripting & Scheduling – Passed 91%
- Terraform – Introduction to automation with Terraform – Passed 92%
- Terraform – Configurations – Passed 82%
- Safe Net Protect V Encryption Professional (Certified Engineer) (5-day course)
- IBM TSM 7.1.1 Implementation and Administration (5-day course)
- Harvard – Stepping up to Management (HVD4XS) (14-week course)
- IBM XIV Technical Training. (ILO) (SKA00) (2-day course)
- EMC Avamar Fundamentals Course (EMC Education services MR-1WN-AVAM) (1-day course)
- EMC Avamar Management (EMC Education services MR-1WN-AVAM136) (5-day course)
- Managing and Maintaining a Windows Server Environment. [MCP] (Microsoft 070-292) (5-day course)
- BPSS & MOD Security Cleared.
- Full Clean Driving license and own transport.
- Change Board member and approver
Hobbies and Interests
To relax I enjoy reading autobiographies and spending time in the countryside with my family & pets. I enjoy writing my technical blog and I like to travel abroad when my time allows. I have a keen interest in cars, motor sport and all aspects of modern technology. I am always keen to study and often found learning new skills and technologies to improve my career skillset, I am passionate about IT and have a keen interest in Internet Security and scripting. My 2-year-old son takes up the rest of my spare time and it is great fun being a new dad.
REFERENCES AVAILABLE ON REQUEST