Here is a quick procedure of how to install Windows Server 2012 R2.
You will need a Server or VM and a copy of Windows Server 2012 R2. Here I will install the operating system and also configure the server to my requirements in the post configuration section.
- Onfirst screen presented – Change “Time and Currency format” to “English (United Kingdom)” – Next
- Click “Instal Now”
- Select “Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard (Server with a GUI) – Next
- Accept Terms and conditions – Next
- Select “Custom:Install Windows only (advanced)
- Accept default drive – Next
- The Installation will proceed
- Enter Password
- Logon to server
- Enter Password – enter
- Open Server manager
- Select “Local server”
- Click “Disabled” next to “Remote desktop”
Select “Allow remote connections to this computer”
- OK to accept RDP settings
- Open CMD box – ipconfoig/all to find ip address.
- Click “Public On” next to “Windows Firewall”
- Click Advanced Settings
- Turn off firewall for Private, Public & Domain.
- RDP to server.
Initial Configuration Tasks
Provide Computer information
Activate Windows – Product Key
Provide Computer name and Domain
- Domain – Workgroup (Default)
- Computer name – WIN2k12R2STD
Update This Server
- Enable automatic updating and feedback
- Select manually configure setting
- Download and Install updates
- Select this and run all updates to bring to latest state.
Customize This Server
Add Roles (as required)
Add Features (as required)C
Configure the IE Enhanced Security Configuration
- Select “On” next to “IE Enhanced Security Configuration”
- Set both to off – OK
Set DVD Drive as Z:
- Using the server manager, expand storage and using the disk management tool change the DVD-ROM drive letter assignment to Z: